The Body Lift Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok,, so heres a question,,, every body lift i find says it will not work with a diesel,,, anyone know why this is??? id like to go with a 3" suspension and either a 2' or 3' BL.. i want to order the BL but if it will not go on my diesel than ill just order a 6" suspension lift and be done,,, lol

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
From the little I've read about it, I think the reason that it wont work has to do with cooling. It may be that the intercooler or something else like that is in the way

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if thats the problem,, wonder if i just lenghtin some lines if ill be ok

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
It's perfectly fine to lengthen lines and so forth to relocate different things for a lift, you just have to make sure you get all the things placed within the airflow path of the cooling system. In other words, relocate/extend/etc all ya want, but in the end, make sure each cooler is in direct path of the airflow being drawn thru by the cooling fan on engine.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Quick question.. are the body lift kits for a 98 Suburban and a 94 ecrb the same? or is there less/more blocks & bolts on one or the other?
Thanks! Might buy a 2" kit for cheap if it'll work out.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i dont believe they are the same, but dont quote me as im not 100% sure, i think the burb has a different number of body mount bolts, and instead of the few small ones for the bed you get all big ones

but im not 100% sure, someone else with a burb will have to confirm it

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
First off I just read this whole thread and there is some great info. Your trucks look great and its really gotten me over the hump on weather or not to purchase a bl. My question is do you regret anything about The bl. Some of you have had them for a while any issues? Also a lot of ppl have said it took between 6-8 hours I'm curious as to why? Ive had all my cab mounts out to replace the cab mounts and that only took about 2 hours and that was to weld in new brackets.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Ive had mine on for like 2 years now or more, and Ive never had a problem, I occasionally tighten up all my cab and box mount bolts with my impact just for kicks.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
ok,, so heres a question,,, every body lift i find says it will not work with a diesel,,, anyone know why this is??? id like to go with a 3" suspension and either a 2' or 3' BL.. i want to order the BL but if it will not go on my diesel than ill just order a 6" suspension lift and be done,,, lol

the reason for no kit for the diesel is they will get too hot they can barely stay cool in stock form, the radiator out of position will cause air flow issues and the 6.5 sustained at 210 or higher cracks the block and heads or if you are lucky just blows the head gaskets