The Body Lift Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
so lol it's worth it.

that's why you get a full drop kit if you can find them, or you don't wheel, and why I said you add a BL if you wheel it.

I just like the stuffed look. I hate a huge tire to fender gap.
So its decided...lol
I hate a huge gap too, honsetly I'm a little worried that my 305s will leave too much of a gap when I put my 3" BL on

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I knwo exactly what you mean, I have 285's now and want to BL it, but I'm afraid then they'd be too small and I'd have to get 315's or 35's for 15's. I'm cranking up some and I'm running stock sawblades so that may be why I get more gap then some do.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
So its decided...lol
I hate a huge gap too, honsetly I'm a little worried that my 305s will leave too much of a gap when I put my 3" BL on

my truck has 305s on it right now with a 3 inch body lift a aal and cranked

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
and it's a decent size gap, doesn't look bad in pics but in person for me it'd be too much I think.

I got them 285's and I can fit a good hand or 4 fingers betwen my tire and bumper and tire to fender up front.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
and it's a decent size gap, doesn't look bad in pics but in person for me it'd be too much I think.

I got them 285's and I can fit a good hand or 4 fingers betwen my tire and bumper and tire to fender up front.

yeah there is a gap but i love how it looks because my tires dont look stuffed i have has thoughts on running 35s but my 305 just doesnt have enough to turn them

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
2dirtyhick42:
Maybe so, but here in Moscow there are a few of these machines with lift kit and have no problems with cooling the engine.
In any case, thanks for the reply

You can use the body lift and leave your front bumper in the stock location, make sure you get a taller filler panel as your stock filler panel will not cover the open gap. If you get a 3" body lift, just get a filler panel for a stock body lifted 1-ton.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
You can use the body lift and leave your front bumper in the stock location, make sure you get a taller filler panel as your stock filler panel will not cover the open gap. If you get a 3" body lift, just get a filler panel for a stock body lifted 1-ton.

there is no stock body lift 1 ton, you must be thinking of the c3500hd and those had a drop to the front frame horns for the leaf spring shackles to mount inside them, the radiator support had taller mounts built into it to make up for the frame drop at the front(cab was still stock height to frame) and then it got a taller filler panel to the bottom of the grille.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
there is no stock body lift 1 ton, you must be thinking of the c3500hd and those had a drop to the front frame horns for the leaf spring shackles to mount inside them, the radiator support had taller mounts built into it to make up for the frame drop at the front(cab was still stock height to frame) and then it got a taller filler panel to the bottom of the grille.

Yeah........never actually checked them out in person, just made sense that that's what they did because they always looked like they had more space between top of tires and fender lip, so i took it to mean they were body lifted....or lifted in some way. Either way, the vented tall filler should work as I stated, correct?(since it's ONLY attached to body and not frame) He needs to retain his cooling properties basically.

Here's an idea that just popped up........couldn't you basically(with slight mods prolly)just swap out c3500hd components to do an sas on a 1500? Since the biggest part is converting to leafs(and retaining stability), then swapping the parts from the c3500hd chassis would make sense right?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
305 not having enough power to turn them isn't right. The rear end gears is what makes the power to turn them.

As for the gaps, that's why I like the stuffed look no gaps. Just the opposite of what you like.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
305 not having enough power to turn them isn't right. The rear end gears is what makes the power to turn them.

As for the gaps, that's why I like the stuffed look no gaps. Just the opposite of what you like.

its a 305 4l60e thats new and it has 373 gears