The Baron's 1998 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Yeah I love it on the highway, drives better than my buddies Grand Cherokee. Had I known I was going to college, I probably wouldn't have gotten the lifted truck. It has a superchip in it and I average 12 on the highway. On another note, does anyone know how to post pictures so they aren't tiny?

I'm on mobile so I couldn't tell you how exactly to do it o desktop. But if you're on tapatalk on mobile, you can choose between a few options of how pics are uploaded. I use tapatalks photosharing so it automatically makes them big. Also, I get around 20 on the highway, wanna trade? :naughty: :jester:

Sent while pulling out a Ford

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
So the list of stuff that I'm hoping to do to the truck:
Complete exhaust, hi-flow CAT
Cut out flares on the back to match the front
New back bumper
Smoke the tails
New pass. door to fix the dent, move interior panel and tow mirror to new door
Fix the smashed in section of the cab
Finish painting the frame
Mount my Red lights with a quick disconnect so i can put my blues in when i go to CT
Kodiak/topkick handles
Interior LED's
88-93 style grille, painted black
Some form of LED bar(s?) on the front bumper
and finally painting it. Trying to decide between staying red, or going either Black or orange. Hard to decide when you want them all.

I would stay red, to be honest. While black and orange trucks look sexy as hell, yours looks amazing red, and with a new red paintjob, you would be glad you stayed red. Also, black is a disaster to keep clean. The first time I washed my truck, I drove to town to pick up one of my friends. I was so happy my truck was clean and pretty. I got to his house, got out and turned around. My truck didnt even looked like it had been washed! It's so hard to keep clean compared to other colors. If I repaint mine, I may just go red!

The Baron

I like drugs
Reaction score
Nice truck!

Nice looking truck

Thanks guys! Also in other news I got paid today, so guess who ordered LED's for his gauge cluster? This guy! Plus one of my buddies is selling me his complete exhaust when I go back to CT for the winter, so true duals with magnaflow cats and flowmaster 10's are in my future!

The Baron

I like drugs
Reaction score
Nice! I want some blue LEDs for my cluster and HVAC

We just did that in the Dash of a Explorer's 2000 NBS, and it looks awesome. That's what made me want LED's. That and the bulbs are burned out, so at night I can't tell what i'm going if its under. "Officer I swear i can only know how fast I'm going if it's above 40!"

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
We just did that in the Dash of a Explorer's 2000 NBS, and it looks awesome. That's what made me want LED's. That and the bulbs are burned out, so at night I can't tell what i'm going if its under. "Officer I swear i can only know how fast I'm going if it's above 40!"

:lol: that's great! How much did the LEDs cost you?

The Baron

I like drugs
Reaction score
:lol: that's great! How much did the LEDs cost you?

They were $21 with priority shipping. That's for the six bulbs and six new bases, didn't feel like pulling my cluster to see if I needed new bases, considering it was like $5 for new ones(Doesn't hurt to have spares either). I got them from superbrightleds.com .

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
They were $21 with priority shipping. That's for the six bulbs and six new bases, didn't feel like pulling my cluster to see if I needed new bases, considering it was like $5 for new ones(Doesn't hurt to have spares either). I got them from superbrightleds.com .

Nice, I'm gonna have to look into those. I definitely want some blue ones, they would look great