TBI Spacer for 91-94 454 TBI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm looking for a TBI spacer for a 91-94 454 throttle body. I found a TB for my 383, but the Edelbrock intake has a raised throttle body mounting surface that matches the footprint of the small block throttle body. The newer style big block throttle bodies have a larger footprint, so I need a spacer be able to mount the new throttle body on the small block intake without vacuum leaks.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
youd be better of dithing the eddy tbi intake for a carb one and making an adapter, or cutting the tbi intake to match the 454 ports. and adapter from one port to another is going to hinder more than help.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My plan is to bore out the holes in the intake to match the big block TB. The small block TB and early big block TB share the same mounting surface footprint so no spacer would be needed.

The later style big block TB has a larger footprint to accommodate larger IAC channels. The only reason the TBI spacer is needed is to match the footprint on the new TB to prevent vacuum leaks.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
yea like i said ditch the tbi intake, run a carb one adn an adapter from tbi to carb. tbi intake isnt helping you anyways. i means thats how i did it on my single plane

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why a single plane carb intake vs the Edelbrock TBI intake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
edelbrock tbi is crap really no better than stock with a spacer which is all it really is. single or dual plane carb would be better, i havent proven the single plane theory but either flow much better with runner lenght in mind.