Tbi gasket question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keven

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering if there is only a gasket at top of this part under the air intake or if there is one between the part and the throttle body.. the second pic is the are the part on 1st pic sit on.. but metal against metal? Where its kinda important not to get any unfiltered air..

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Keven

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coz on top i had to clean the old "paper" gasket.. but at the bottom it was all nice and just sitting metal metal... and i had that tbi gasket rebuild kit but i can only find the one i removed from the top in there.. cant see anything that could be even close to fit at bottom...

dmacke01

Reaction score
I just had mine off to do the intake manifold gasket and there was a gasket between the part you show and the throttle body. I've got a '93 V6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keven

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you! I couldnt understand why they wouldnt put one there.. ill put rv or something

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you! I couldnt understand why they wouldnt put one there.. ill put rv or something
You can get that gasket at the parts store for a few bucks... the top and bottom gasket are the same.....

sent from what use to be a great country...

Keven

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did check around and can only get it in a kit wich is 40$ and seem like the same kit i had.. there was only 1 gasket that size in there..

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did check around and can only get it in a kit wich is 40$ and seem like the same kit i had.. there was only 1 gasket that size in there..
It's just a felpro gasket the part number is "felpro #60038"... it's the same gasket for the tbi units and the older carb'ed motors.....

sent from what use to be a great country...