Tax Time = TIME FOR SOME UPGRADES!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn't bother with porting the intake (the factory one or an aftermarket), I was saying a ported throttle body

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would say do the TBSS intake and 90 mm 4 bolt TB, makes a good power increase at a fraction of the fast intake.

Shaun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah, but the fast is 102mm with matching throttle body. which i suppose isn't that much different with the few things i've done to the motor, but i'm trying to think big picture. i'm also considering picking up a set of 243 or 799 heads, and porting them out and throwing in some roller rockers. Its got the 706 craptech heads right now. i heard something about only porting the exhaust side, and leaving the intake side alone. or the other way around. the guy at the parts desk at the dealership was telling me you lose power if you port both. i just cant remember which ones he said to port.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well I am running more than 500 horsepower with the TBSS intake and 90mm TB o my 408, it's plenty for me, but I suppose if you have plans to make 650+ horsepower on a big motor then I could see the fast intake.

Shaun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What about the throttle body? I'm running a cable driven 3 bolt style. I looked one up in eBay, and it looks like it has the 4 bolt style, with no provisions for a throttle cable bracket?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am running a 92 BDC TB, edelbrock, fast, and a few other companies sell 90 mm DBC TB's, and you just refab the stock bracket for the TBSS intake.

craig98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree with draggin95 on the TBSS intake. what cam size are you planning on running. also are you putting a stall torque converter in it?