Tax Time = TIME FOR SOME UPGRADES!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm trying to plan out what to do to my 5.3. Has anyone on here used the LSXRT manifold from Fast? I've had my eye on it for quite some time, and was wondering if anyone else has tried it, and their thoughts on if its worth the money? Also, i'm thinking about a cam swap. Anybody got ideas for something with all around good power gains, that doesnt have too choppy of an idle? I really dont want anything to loud. i actually have installed the dynomax super turbo muffler just to bring down the DB's a little bit. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would skip the smalls, and go big with a turbo.
But I recall seeing a 30 or 40hp gain with a intake like fast, i can't remember were I seen the article though. but the "worth it" price is up too you
The ablsolut best way to pick a cam is call up a company of your choice and tell them exactly what you want, and if its not on the shelf I'm sure whom ever you contact can do a custom grind.
turbo + tu1 or tu2 cam would = pure power!

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It will definitely be a fun daily and still be able to run on low grade fule.
Do a quick Google search for "5.3 cam" and there is an artical some were of a near 100hp gain on intake, cam, and headers.

Shaun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
cool, thanks man. i've already got 3'' pipes and a dynomax "superturbo" muffler (high flow with less noise). and that article didnt include an intake/TB ubgrade, so maybe i could expect just a little more HP's from this. Thanks again !

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would guess around 35-40 more with an intake and ported tb.
Also notice it didn't include full can specs. But a lot of trucks on ls1truck have the 4.8/5.3. Go and zoom through the n/a section. Even though there mostly NBS/nnbs trucks, you still have the same motor and hopefully I will soon lol.

GMstrong

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think the intake would be worth porting or buy aftermarket on a stock 5.3L,after headers,cam then I would do the intake and no doubt would gain a good 15+hp.

Shaun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well, yeah. I'm planning on doing headers/cam/intake & throttle body all at the same time. then have it tuned/dyno'd. its currently got just some generic tune. so with all of that i'm hoping for some significant gains.