Tailgate fish cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BubbaZ71Tahoe

Reaction score
get some 3/8ths Teflon and make a big cutting board... I always set it on my tailgate to clean fish

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
get some 3/8ths Teflon and make a big cutting board... I always set it on my tailgate to clean fish
That's a good idea! The stuff that they use in restaurants. It's called 'UHMW', which stands for Ultra High Molecuar Weight plastic. It's 'food grade' You could eat it, without ill effects. Not much food value, though! LoL! It can be run through the dishwasher, although the size of the piece that you want wouldn't fit.
Comes in 4X8 sheets from 1/16" up to 6" thick. Buy it cut to the size you need. Available @ industrial plastics supply outlets (cheap) or restaurant supply shops (expensive)
3/8" would be perfect. When it gets too cut up from the knives to properly clean, flip it over. When both sides are used up, it can be run through a wood planer to get down to a smooth surface again. It can be machined like metal, & cut with wood tools.

One of my good friends (Best Man @ my wedding) has been an industrial plastics salesman for 25 years. I get this stuff from him & have several sizes for cutting boards.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
That's a good idea! The stuff that they use in restaurants. It's called 'UHMW', which stands for Ultra High Molecuar Weight plastic. It's 'food grade' You could eat it, without ill effects. Not much food value, though! LoL! It can be run through the dishwasher, although the size of the piece that you want wouldn't fit.
Comes in 4X8 sheets from 1/16" up to 6" thick. Buy it cut to the size you need. Available @ industrial plastics supply outlets (cheap) or restaurant supply shops (expensive)
3/8" would be perfect. When it gets too cut up from the knives to properly clean, flip it over. When both sides are used up, it can be run through a wood planer to get down to a smooth surface again. It can be machined like metal, & cut with wood tools.
One of my good friends (Best Man @ my wedding) has been an industrial plastics salesman for 25 years. I get this stuff from him & have several sizes for cutting boards.

UHMW is unreal stuff. We use it as a wear/rub strip on some heavy duty, under water camera boxes, makes adjusting it up and down really easy. The boxes are in a high current area on a local river, so it has some real drag on it.
Funny/ironic that UHMW is being suggested for a fish cleaning table.. Because these cameras are for counting fish, hah

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Got me! Shouldn't be too pricey. Depends on what your local guys sell it for. I kinda get the 'goodguy' price! (Free!)