Tailgate fish cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got a new fishing buddy lately, a family man with no pre made fishing stations. What we have been doing is cleaning fishin on paper bags on the tailgate of my truck.

Needless to say this sucks.

My thought was a scratch and dent countertop and screw a piece of 1x4 at a right angle to the back to sit in the gap between the bed and tailgate.

Have any of you made or thought of something similar?

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If the tailgate was flat it would be!

I usually just clean them on my picnic table and chuck them in the woods. The place we fish is behind a mansion, so they wouldn't be cool with cleaning them there and chucking the guts back in the water.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
My old man taught me to bury the guts when fresh water fishing. Salt water, no biggie. Guts get thrown back into the chuck.
We have a fairly large bear population around here, & that stuff is sure to attract 'em. Don't wanna turn around one day & be surprised by one looking for an easy snack!

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just take the guts home and throw them in the woods. No bears here but I'm sure the *****, possums and whatever else is back there enjoy. I was actually thinking of throwing up a game camera next time I dump some just to see what's back there.

I found a portable table today with a faucet that you hook a hose up to for cleaning fish but it was $80. Might be how I go if I can't figure something out.

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
buy a $5 cutting board...

I've got one, I need somthing that will cover an entire tailgate with minimal movement.

Try cleaning a few of these on a $5 cutting board and lemme know how that goes.
You must be registered for see images attach

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
id say get a couple planks of hardwood that are close to the width of your tailgate, and the length. oak is a good choice or maple. plain them a bit, then glue them together or with biscuits. plain it again until fully flat and you should have a rockin cutting board for your tailgate. and itd be heavy so it wouldnt move too much

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
I've got one, I need somthing that will cover an entire tailgate with minimal movement.

Nice. :)

Well, in that case a piece of laminate countertop with a piece of board to hold it there should work fine like you described in the first post.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

Now that's an ugly fvcker.. fish looks nice though! hahahah I joke.

dude I've never seen anyone get that close to an owl