Tahoe window seals??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigfutz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nevermind. I found the nuts underneath the plastic trim. I loosened all 8 nuts and got the window positioned better, then tightened them up from the inside with the glass closed. Alas, it’s still not closing right - maybe the gas springs are pushing it out? But it’s just on the passenger side. Any ideas?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine has a gap as well, never could get it right. There are photos a few posts up, is that what yours is doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigfutz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine has a gap as well, never could get it right. There are photos a few posts up, is that what yours is doing?

The gap I’m noticing is mechanical I think - the actual window doesn’t flush with the body on one side. I was attributing it to the hinge which seems to have some movement where it connects to the glass frame.

And yes, I believe I need to replace all the rubber back there. Maybe I should start with that, see how the window closes afterwards.

My investigation also originated with a sopping wet liner.

I’ll throw in one more question: What is the gray sticky goop on the floor bolts?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure what the goop is, but I just put some black RTV back in those thread holes when I messed with the carpet.

Let us know if you find a fix on the hinges. I never could get mine to sit flush, either.

bigfutz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here’s some pics of my problem. Driver side good. Passenger side bad.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, looks the same as mine. Well, mine is a little closer in but same ballpark.

Get inside with a flashlight, see if there’s a gap between the top of the tailgate and bottom of the liftglass.

All I can suggest is shoving down on it while tightening the hinge bolts. It doesn’t work that well, but it’s all that I could ever figure out on mine.

Also, the silver latch on the glass is adjustable and does impact closure. Might as well play around with that.

Last edited:

bigfutz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
[mention]east302 [/mention] I took out the lifters and got it to hang where I wanted it before retightening the bolts. No effect. I see wiggle between the hinge plate on the window side, but it’s not due to the bolts being loose; it’s almost like the metal in the window frame is weak right there.