TACHOMETER=========95 GMC SIERRA===03 5.3 LM7====

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
Installed a 5.3 out of an 03 Suburban in my 95 GMC Sierra and was told by S & P that my tach won't work right. The reason is that the 5.3 tach signal shows as a 4 cylinder and won't work with a 8 cylinder gauge. Anyway, need to buy a dakota digital SGI-8 module to solve this problem. My question is from where does the 95 get its tach signal? The hanes manual shows that it comes from the " generator", which I think is the alternator, and that the wire is white. The only wire that came off that alternator was but a black wire, not white. So, where is the wire I need to find that is suppose to go to the 95 tach?? :think: :think:

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The negative side of the coil is the tach signal, the alternator signal is for the diesels.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
There is pink - white/black - white wires on the coil. The white wire is where the tach signal is coming from.