Swamp Hound's 1997 Yukon Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Don't see any oil pressure on that guage, is it possible that you are low on oil? That would explain a squeal like that

Oh man, you're right. That needle didn't move. I sure hope it's not bearings squealing.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
I don't know what that little squeal is but I don't like it. Are any of your pulleys tight? What light is lit on the dash, the airbag light or something else?

Check gauges light is on because the oil pressure gauge is broken. ABS light is on too. All pulleys are loose except crank pulley. Can't turn that one by hand so I can't confirm it. One of dads mechanic buddies said the crank pulley can lock up, causing the truck to not start or run like crap and die.

Don't see any oil pressure on that guage, is it possible that you are low on oil? That would explain a squeal like that
Gauge is broke.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
The crank pulley would turn with a socket and ratchet, not by hand.

Did you have the alternator tested?

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
The crank pulley would turn with a socket and ratchet, not by hand.

Did you have the alternator tested?
I haven't put a wrench to it so I I can't confirm or deny that it turns.
Tested it last night with an old school battery tester. Seemed to be charging fine but I really want to get a good digital one to test it with before I rule it out.

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
I haven't put a wrench to it so I I can't confirm or deny that it turns.
Tested it last night with an old school battery tester. Seemed to be charging fine but I really want to get a good digital one to test it with before I rule it out.
Do you have a multimeter? That would work just fine for testing the alternator

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
You probably know this, but an alternator will squeal when it is on its way out.

How much oil is in it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kern9000