Swamp Hound's 1997 Yukon Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Truck is now refusing to turn over at all. Was able to fire it up for about 30 seconds but now nothing. Very strange. We know the battery is good, but even hooked to a jump box it no longer wants to turn over. I'm thinking its time to start checking all my connections.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Truck is now refusing to turn over at all. Was able to fire it up for about 30 seconds but now nothing. Very strange. We know the battery is good, but even hooked to a jump box it no longer wants to turn over. I'm thinking its time to start checking all my connections.

I'm having the same issue - ever since winter hit essentially. Cranks, but won't ever start. Fuel pressure is good, oil pressure is good, I have spark on all plugs.. think I have no compression, or very little.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue - ever since winter hit essentially. Cranks, but won't ever start. Fuel pressure is good, oil pressure is good, I have spark on all plugs.. think I have no compression, or very little.
I need to check fuel, compression and spark. I'm really not sure what it could be at this point. Although I did find this a moment ago
You must be registered for see images

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Bad grounds will do it. If the block isn't properly grounded the spark plugs won't work.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Replace it with a piece of insulated heavy gauge cable. Make sure there is good clean bare metal on both sides. Check your other connections, and make sure battery post terminals are clean.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score

Yeah we're gonna remedy this reaaaaaaaal quick.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Y'all give this a watch. Truck fired up after about the 4th try. Listen to the squeal also, that's one thing happens every time. No major drops or surges in the idle this time, only thing I changed was the ground strap.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
I don't know what that little squeal is but I don't like it. Are any of your pulleys tight? What light is lit on the dash, the airbag light or something else?

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
Don't see any oil pressure on that guage, is it possible that you are low on oil? That would explain a squeal like that