Suspension overhaul

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sal09

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was up everyone!!! Have a 96 c1500 extended cab and need new suspension all around. Was an uncle of mines that passed away and he bought it lowered (was there when he bought it, loved the truck). Anyways, I’m in the process of a 4l80 swap and figured I might as well do the suspension on it as well. I want it pretty much stock height, with maybe small squat or even just leveled out. I need new leaf springs, front and rear shocks and maybe the upper arms....... can anybody steer me in the right direction? Want to handle nice on and off road, not looking for the cheapest way but the best bang for the buck! Read about the BS4600 but not sure if they will give me that leveled or squat look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Shocks don't effect ride height on these trucks. If you want to bring it back to stock height you're going to need to figure out how it was lowered and reverse that.

Side note, please don't "squat" the truck. That crap looks so bad.

sal09

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Side note, please don't "squat" the truck. That crap looks so bad.[/QUOTE]

If I get some help, I will agree not to squat it

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think it will handle very "nice" off road being a 2 wheel drive. I guess off road can be relative, just like hot or cold weather. 2 wheel drive would never make it in my off road world!
You must be registered for see images attach

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Be careful if you order leaf springs online. I paid $176+ for rock auto to ship me new springs, and the ********* had them shipped from a shop that was 9 miles from my house. Look around and see if you have a spring shop that is local.

sal09

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think it will handle very "nice" off road being a 2 wheel drive. I guess off road can be relative, just like hot or cold weather. 2 wheel drive would never make it in my off road world!

Yea I get what you’re saying. My plan was or still to go Baja prerunner all the way but my bank account said not right now!! So I just want something for right now and take my tools to work.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I have never understood why they don't have a Will Call option. It would save them time and everyone money.

Rockauto is an office building with a sales website. The parts are coming from distributors and manufacturers that aren't necessarily setup for visits from the public.

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rockauto is an office building with a sales website. The parts are coming from distributors and manufacturers that aren't necessarily setup for visits from the public.
But still.......

Much the same line of thinking as the thread with discussion about crappy packaging and lousy shippers.