Supercharged 5.7l Vortec?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
Exactly correct. LS6 is an LS1 with a top end that flows a lot better. shares heads with the LS2, better intake, sodium filled valves... etc.

The LQ9 arguably has more power potential (especially bosted) than an LS1. Though the 5.3 and 4.8 have proven to also be very boost friendly little motors. I believe someone had an article about a 5.3 making like 500+ horsepower with the only bottom end mod being ring gap. Later they discovered it was in fact a 4.8, not a 5.3.
Holy crap thats F'ing BA! But my biggest concern would be reliability, and drivability with all the heavy mods. Plus a warranty on a new motor would be nice :)

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Boom. Here is what $300 worth of supercharger(Craigslist) and another $100 in components gets you. And you'll need a little know how and fabricating skills. This looks insane but it is actually easy and very, very cheap. An Eaton M90 from a Thunderbird SC is nearly universal it is so easy to mount. One will support around 275hp, two in excess of 400hp.

You must be registered for see images attach

This is not "very, very" cheap. My last vehicle was ford lightning with an eaton SC. In addition to the superchargers, you are going to likely need to rebuild the snouts, buy pulleys, buy intakes/manifolds, tune, belt tensioners, intercooler for IAT's, IC reservoir, intercooler pump, whole seperate crank pulley system, etc.... you are definetly looking at more than $500 for a setup like this.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
Also when I swap a new motor in I think I'm gonna do an sas as well:)

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
This is not "very, very" cheap. My last vehicle was ford lightning with an eaton SC. In addition to the superchargers, you are going to likely need to rebuild the snouts, buy pulleys, buy intakes/manifolds, tune, belt tensioners, intercooler for IAT's, IC reservoir, intercooler pump, whole seperate crank pulley system, etc.... you are definetly looking at more than $500 for a setup like this.

A Lightning's M112 is not even close to an M45 or M90. Why would I buy a unit that needs a snout? There are so many of those things available used you don't have to rebuild one. All the M90s I've seen come with pulleys, and most are less than $200. There is no intercooler on that set-up, and what are you talking about with intercooler for "IATs"? First off a blower doesn't come anywhere near needing an intercooler based on the IAT. A turbo doesn't even usually need one, it just drops the temps for more power. A double crank pulley for a small block(Ford, GM, Dodge) is available for around 50 bucks. You would have to make the mounts and other pieces, and that is where the fabricating comes into play. Using a carb box with a lightly modified Quadrajet would take care of the fuel. Using a pair of M90s isn't going to get you over 500hp, not a real demanding set-up.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A Lightning's M112 is not even close to an M45 or M90. Why would I buy a unit that needs a snout? There are so many of those things available used you don't have to rebuild one. All the M90s I've seen come with pulleys, and most are less than $200. There is no intercooler on that set-up, and what are you talking about with intercooler for "IATs"? First off a blower doesn't come anywhere near needing an intercooler based on the IAT. A turbo doesn't even usually need one, it just drops the temps for more power. A double crank pulley for a small block(Ford, GM, Dodge) is available for around 50 bucks. You would have to make the mounts and other pieces, and that is where the fabricating comes into play. Using a carb box with a lightly modified Quadrajet would take care of the fuel. Using a pair of M90s isn't going to get you over 500hp, not a real demanding set-up.

If this m45 or m90 is a roots type blower you absolutely need an intercooler. Any properly tuned vehicle will begin to pull timing when the IAT's hit a certain temp and the roots type blowers get really hot. How do you know there is no intercooler on that setup, can you see what is underneath the upper intake manifold? Can you see if there is a reservoir in the trunk? You might not need one if you plan on running 5 pounds or less....