Supercharged 5.7l Vortec?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
I want to run this set up with long tube headers, cam, and full exhaust. What else would I need to do to run this set up with no major mechanical issues? I know it will need a new tune burned but is that all I'd need?

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fuel pump for sure and that'll be it if you find a whole kit. They are tuff to come by though.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
That's what I thought, and I think Summit racing has a full kit Hmmmm. :) thanks for the fast reply!

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmmm....blown vortec + 35's....if you've got a 4L60e, you should start saving up to fix it or swap it out...possibly the rear end too...

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Boom. Here is what $300 worth of supercharger(Craigslist) and another $100 in components gets you. And you'll need a little know how and fabricating skills. This looks insane but it is actually easy and very, very cheap. An Eaton M90 from a Thunderbird SC is nearly universal it is so easy to mount. One will support around 275hp, two in excess of 400hp.

You must be registered for see images attach

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yep, they were made for a 3.8L engine....theoretically they'd be good for use in a daily-driver/mild bbc upwards of 454ci.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
That car is all hacked up. Looks like a Ford mod motor with GM style coils. Super cool build and appears to have been done on a small budget.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
Yeah bolt on under hood, and I have a new trany that I was going to use with an lq9 but this set up looks promising. I probably should look for a 3/4 ton axle though... :)