Suburban rebuild questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MudBurban

Reaction score
worn down to the wear bars, not bad at all... id say the $275 he's asking is fair. oh and if you can get your hands on a tire groover and goove out the wear bars youll be sitting high on the hog

since this truck wont see the road, you wont be worried at all about tire wear, and you will be worried about fitment under the truck and keeping the bead of the tire seated firmly to the rim id advise going with a 16.5x8.25 rim

The guy said he had em on a 15" wide wheel. I mean they're 16.5" wide tires so I'd think I would need a pretty wide wheel. And do you think they'll fit without rubbing too bad?

Cajun4x4

The Green Seal
Reaction score
nah running 8.25s wont be a problem on a 16.5 wide tire... ive run my 38.5x15 boggers on 8.25" wide rims for 3 years now and jays68yak from ck5 runs 8.25s on 38x16.5s

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

but its up to you... 9.75s wouldnt be bad at all either, when you said 38s i thought you where talking about 12.5 wides

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will be sweet when you're finished. Get some heavy straps, you're gonna need em for that burban.

MudBurban

Reaction score
My mechanic just called me and said the rear end and transfer case are shot where the drive shaft was at the wrong angle. So I'm going to try to find a whole new rear end and transfer case out of a car pull apart place or junk yard.

Reaction score
My mechanic just called me and said the rear end and transfer case are shot where the drive shaft was at the wrong angle. So I'm going to try to find a whole new rear end and transfer case out of a car pull apart place or junk yard.

Where you located? I can look around here but if your to far away it probably would be a ***** to ship that stuff.