Suburban rebuild questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so why wouldnt you want a wider rim for off roading? just wondering out of curiosity, like what not a 10 inch rim to pull those sidewalls a little more for a wider track and bigger footprint?

Cajun4x4

The Green Seal
Reaction score
so why wouldnt you want a wider rim for off roading? just wondering out of curiosity, like what not a 10 inch rim to pull those sidewalls a little more for a wider track and bigger footprint?

wider foot print should be created by airing down... the wider the rim the more the bead of the tire tries to pull away from the rim bead, what ppl do in hawaii is an extreme case of this but this picture should show you what im talking about

You must be registered for see images attach

MudBurban

Reaction score
Okay guys. I'm about to order the wheels for the swampers. I just wanna confirm that 38x16.50's will fit on 16.5x9.75 wheels and that ya'll think they will fit on the truck

MudBurban

Reaction score
Okay. Current status: Just ordered wheels, Going to get tires sometime this week(maybe tomorrow), and rear end swap hopefully starts tomorrow. He said he thinks he can make the T case work

MudBurban

Reaction score
Went and got tires last night from a guy in a monsterous Dodge 2500 cummins single cab short bed on 44's, and wheels came in at 10 this morning. Only took a day to ship :)

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wider foot print should be created by airing down... the wider the rim the more the bead of the tire tries to pull away from the rim bead, what ppl do in hawaii is an extreme case of this but this picture should show you what im talking about

oh ok i get that. thanks for explaining. i cant see the pics now...but i can imagine its prob that toyota truck on i think 33 15.50 super swampers with 15x15 rims lol

MudBurban

Reaction score
Well the axle he found turned out to have 3.42's instead of 3.73's. So he's still lookin for a rear end. But as soon as I get it back from him and throw the swampers on I'll post pics