Sub box options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eric1998

Reaction score
No exterior pics yet b/c I'm currently working on it but the interior is complete....

350chevy719

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow that center console is nice! I don't have the patience to do all that haha

So I think I'm gonna end up going with 3 12s

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Scratch that. 2 12s at 2250 1ohm load.

You'd better make sure your amp will actually operate for extended periods at 1 ohm before you do that. It will run HOT. Also your factory alternator is not going to do the job at all. I have two 12s at 1 ohm pushing around 2K watts and my Ohio Generator alt has a really hard time with it. Granted this is from a class A/B amp and I'm sure you're probably running a class D, so you won't require quite the amperage that I do. Still though, make sure you do your homework.

350chevy719

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You'd better make sure your amp will actually operate for extended periods at 1 ohm before you do that. It will run HOT. Also your factory alternator is not going to do the job at all. I have two 12s at 1 ohm pushing around 2K watts and my Ohio Generator alt has a really hard time with it. Granted this is from a class A/B amp and I'm sure you're probably running a class D, so you won't require quite the amperage that I do. Still though, make sure you do your homework.

Yea it's a class d mono 1ohm stable. Ive done a lot of reading and I've built alot of systems for my vehicles. The actual system part is what I know its the box building and customs I'm new with. I built a box for a 01 jimmy I had but it looked thrown together but definitely did the job with 2 type rs. Little jimmy got pounded.

350chevy719

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm also considering running a 2nd battery to take some of the load off my walmart battery lol. I've never really had to buy an alternator so if I were to upgrade that what would I look for? Just a higher amperage sbc 350 alt? Or do the tbis use a different one or what

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats going to be quite a amp if its running a true 2250 at 1 ohm constantly. and the draw on the electrical system will be insane. mulitple batteries a upgraded alternator. would be a beast though.

theres a couple pics for ya.

You must be registered for see images attach

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if your truly going to do this, get a second battery that is the same rating as your current or dump the neverlast battery and get 2 deep cycles with some big ol wiring.