stupid questions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Heavy

Reaction score
if i were to buy a ford d44 hp housing off ebay. could i put my chevy internals and outers directly onto it? i want to go for a full build all new bearings and everything so i just wanted to make sure befor i pulled the trigger

Heavy

Reaction score
it im just going to get a chevy axle and mob it 2wd then get a divorced tcase later. this can be deleted if you guys want

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
if i were to buy a ford d44 hp housing off ebay. could i put my chevy internals and outers directly onto it? i want to go for a full build all new bearings and everything so i just wanted to make sure befor i pulled the trigger

I would say no

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
I would say no
you could say no but you are only half right, the gears from a chevy 44 will only fit in a dodge or low pinon ford d44, it will not fit in a high pinion, the carrier can fit and the outer parts swap on if done as complete outers, the inner shafts while being the right spline are the wrong length.

btw Vortec Lover, love the Atlas rims you are running, i had 15x10 polished AR Atlas rims on my old 94 with 35's, really miss those wheels even if it did take about 4 hours to buff them out every spring