Stupid Exterior Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

semiguy409

The Big Rigger
Reaction score
Ok I've got a question. I found a set of wheels I really like but they are polished. I've tried to steer clear of them because I think they are pretty high maintenance. Am I right? What's involved in keeping them looking new?

Just make sure you know how to polish to keep them looking new... That's all we do with them semi rims we have and they look like the day they were new yet.
And if you don't want to polish them I will... But you have to figure out how to deliver them to Iowa. Haha.

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would think 1990 will work. 1990 was the first year for the composite lights. 88-89 wouldn't, but 90+ should just fine.

Scott, polished aluminum wheels require polishing once a month at least, preferably weekly. I'd just keep them washed often, to minimize brake dust corrosion.

You could always polish to a mirror shine, clay bar them, then take them and have them clearcoated.