stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I had a buddy many years ago that had a '96 or '97 C1500 scsb with a 4.3/4L60E/3.42, that he tied a 36 or 40 foot gooseneck onto with about 9k lbs of hay. It worked just fine, until he absolutely smoked the poor 60E. I was behind him when it happened, in my K3500. It looked like a grenade went off under his truck. Left bits and pieces scattered all over the road. Found a chunk of one of the planets.

I told him it was gonna go boom. He bet me it wouldn't.
You might be old enough to remember the old AAMCO transmission repair shop commercials. They'd be on all the channels back in the day. Guy's going down the road, the car ( don't remember the make) is dumping transmission parts. I remember watching TV with my cousin ( who is a TSTI trained mechanic) once when it was on. He said the parts were wrong, that there were 2 reverse drums when there should have been 1. Don't remember all the details, it was many years ago LOL. Might be on YouTube, though, so much is.....

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
There used to be a truck like that near the town I grew up in. RCSB, Slade clip and the DeVille taillights frenched in. Nicely done too, was shiny black, never saw it dirty. Had a vanity tag on it: SLADE. The same guy had an 800 version, as well, also solid black: SLADE 2. Haven't seen either one in years....but both were pretty trucks. Never saw them parked, so I never got to talk about them with him.