stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There wasn't any pricing information; just the age of the truck and a phone number.
I hate when people do that. They know what they want for the truck, just put up the price. I called a guy about a 1970 ElCamino a while back, and it was like pulling teeth to get him to give me a price. I said, hey look, I live 100 miles from you. I have been looking for one, I am not going to drive 100 miles, just to look at it, and talk about how much you might want for it. If I come , I will be there to buy it, so what do you want for it. Well, it was about 3 time what it was worth, with out the engine, or about twice what it was worth with the engine. So no wonder there was no price. He was fishing for an idiot. Not me.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
After I sold my boat for $10,000 in 2010, I looked hard for a 1970-1972 Elcamino. At that price, all I could find still needed a lot of work, so I just did a lot to my 97 Silverado, and called it a day. I still want one, but the truck is a lot more practical, And the paint job with the strips looks good. It get comps all the time. I've got the old 5.7L Vortec around 325 HP so it runs good too.

Last edited:

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Yea your truck is definatly nice. Elcaminos are still pretty expensive, there is a 71 roller with minimal rust and a primer paint job for $4500 on craigslist now.