Straight pipe or glass pack in place of muffler?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you running a cat? Do you just have a straight pipe in place of the muffler?

I bet it's really loud! Any sounds clips?

I haven't ordered the muffler yet. Been thinking about the straight pipe. But the way I understand it is the muffler has an offset inlet and outlet. If I connect the intermediate pipe to the tail pipe with a straight pipe, will it throw off the tail pipe by much or will it be fine?

Thanks.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just had a thought about using flex pipe in place between the intermediate pipe and tail pipe. I'm thinking that should help keep the tail pipe in the right location.

Any thoughts about this? Thanks

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm pretty set on the chambered muffler at this point. Ordered some exhaust parts but will be awhile before I get them. Jegs on eBay has super slow shipping.

Anyone know of a good source for exhaust hangers?, particularly the two for the tail pipe.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Today I received the intermediate pipe and adapter. Tomorrow I'm gonna order up that 3" tail pipe and chambered muffler. Should have it all on by next week, time permitting.

Pics and video will follow.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well i got the muffler today, its a 2 chambered thrush welded muffler, 3" in and 3" out. I was just about set on ordering a 3" tail pipe but got thinking, i would rather have the tail pipe exit out the rear corner near the end of the bumper instead of straight out the side behind the tire like stock. I figure the outlet at an angle at the corner will aid in keeping the exhaust note less noticable in the cab.

Does any exhaust manufacturers offer this style tail pipe? ive noticed in some kits that have dual outlets, the tail pipes come out at the rear corners. maybe i can get just the one for the driver side?

I'll have to see what i can find. Thanks guys

Last edited:

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I could not find the tail pipe that I was asking, I went ahead and ordered a 3" dynomax tail pipe from jegs. I should have it by next week. Once I get it all installed ill go ahead and post up some pics and video.