Stock Shackle Length?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Texcuda

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone know what the stock rear shackle length is for a 93 RCSB 2WD? I've done some searching but haven't found anything definitive. Thanks!

Texcuda

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is the shackles currently on my truck. I'm pretty sure they are aftermarket 2" drop. Can anyone confirm this?

You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Nonono to the hangers!
PitA to install, & they'll mess with your pinion angle.
Go flip kit & move the spring down to the other hole on the shackle. That'll give you 7" of drop.
The flip kit has the pinion angle built into it, but due to the use of the shackle for that additional 1", a small (1.5*) pinion wedge (maybe/probably) will have to be used to correct that.
When that wedge is used, the leaf-spring centering pin will have to be extended.
GM lists 4 different lengths of those. Cheap! Get the next longer one, crank a nut down tight to the head, then round off the knuckles on the nut to the head's size.
Front = springs & spindles for a 4" drop.
The truck will sit level, no tilt, with that 3" diff front to rear when @ 4/7.
Gotta notch the bed crossmember over the diff. pumpkin.
E-brake lines will have to be moved around a bit so they don't get pinched anywhere when the suspension compresses.
The bracket for the rear hydro line & the 'T' union on the top of the pumpkin will also need to be slightly repositioned.
If your an easy-going cruising type of driver, the Doetsch shocks (nitro-drops, nitro slammers, whatever) will be fine.
More of a 'performance' oriented driver? Spend the few extra bucks & get the BellTech Street Performers.
Don't know the mileage on your truck, but I'd recommend new bushings for the control arms, leaf spring eyes, sway bar mounts & body mounts. New rubber ones will be better than the original stuff in there now. I like the urethane bushings, but they do stiffen up the ride somewhat. If you decide on the urethane, buy a complete kit. Few more bucks than purchasing the rubber ones individually, but not a whole lot more when buying as a kit.
The urethane control arm bushings are a bear to install. Need a hydro-press. A big one! Keep the original outer bushing shells when removing the old bushings. They'll need to be re-used. No-one sells/makes them, other than maybe GM or the wreckers.

Texcuda

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't want to go that low. I want 2/4 thus the choice between shackles + hangers or flip kit. I don't want it too low and I like a little rake front to back. I'm old school about stance.....

The truck just got a complete suspension rebuild with polyurethane bushings, moog parts and a quick ratio gear box.

Getting the old bushings and sleeves out was way worse than sliding the new bushings in. Put the new bushings in the freezer overnight, lube them up and they slide in with hand pressure. The lower sleeves I used the shop press for but it wasn't strictly necessary.

Last edited: