Stock Radio HELP!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chev

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So saturday I was at a bonfire and had my trucks radio playing really loud for hours and hours. I wasnt really paying attention to it due to the mix of :boobs: and :cheers:... anyways the battery went completely dead and when I had my buddy jump me the radio said "LOC" well ive had this happen before so I had the code wrote down in the owners manual. Well I went to get my manual out of the glovebox and its gone.. have no idea where it went. so i started putting in what i thought was the code and eventually gave up. the next day on my way home i decided to keep trying and it said "InOP" and wont let me do anything.. Ive been without a radio for too long and spent many hours searching on many forums with no success.... any help greatly appreciated!! worst case scenario is i have to buy a new one.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Is that some sort of anti-theft programming in the radio? Ya might take it to the dealership and ask them what's up.

98chev

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ya its got something to do wtih the antitheft.. Im to the point im just going to buy a new radio

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
just get a aftermarket radio and solve the problem? i dont really know much about factory radios all my trucks have aftermarket

98chev

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yup thats the plan! I should probably have one anyways since this is the only thing from the factory in my audio setup haha

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
I had saved this info I found a while back, hope it helps!

1. Press and hold presets 2 and 3 for about 5 to 10 seconds until you get 3 digits on your display.

This is the first 3 of 6 digits you will need, so write 'em down.

2. After doing step one and writing down the code, immediately press the AM/FM button to get the last 3 of the 6 numbers you'll need, and write 'em down. (if you wait too long between steps 1 and 2 and the LOC code displays again, just start over).

3. Call this number, it's a prerecorded message, so don't worry about having to talk to anyone...1-800-537-5140.
The voice will ask if you're calling for Chevy, Pontiac, Cadillac, etc...
When you here him tell you to press "2" for Pontiac, press 206010 and hit the # key.
He'll ask you for the 6 digit code that you've written down. Enter that and press the * key.
He will then give you a code, and the option to get additional 4 digit codes, but one should be sufficient.

4. Follow the normal procedure in your owners manual for unlocking the radio with your new code...press the hour set button on your radio until you get the first two numbers of the code, then press the minute set button until you've entered the last two numbers.

Immediately press the AM/FM button once the correct code is entered and the code SEC or "secured" will be displayed on the display screen.
Now, just turn the radio on, and your ready to roll.

There is an additional step you can take to remove all codes from the radio and start from scratch by entering your own personalized 4 digit code so that it won't get you in a pickle again!

Just repeat step 4 and you should get a display screen that reads ---.
This means the code is out, and you can now program your own code.

Of course, once you receive the 4 digit code from the GM recorded message, just keep it in a safe place, because you can use that same code again and again should you have any more problems with it in the future.

Good luck, and yes, it does work.

-Truckin-

98chev

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome!! thats the info I was looking for! Thanks. Ill try it on lunch and let you know

98chev

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Me to! I wasnt planning on spending any money for a while until I have a nice down payment to make on a duramax and then SAS here I come!!

98chev

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well no luck. still says "loc" if i try to push the hour and min buttons it says "InOP" I think I tried holding every combination of the presets for more than 10 seconds with no luck...