Static drop questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lonestarstunner

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm guessing that you need the K 1500 upper control arms to do the flip right? Someone enlighten me on the benefits of the flip if you're only static, cuz this seems like it'd be great for Bagged trucks...

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I went to pick and pull but I had to leave right after I got there, but I did get to look at some UCAs. The z71 UCAs won't work, but I saw a 3500, 4 door, work truck and the UCAs on it were perfect for the flip. Wish I could load picks put my interest can't from my phone.
The the benefits of the flip would be that it would relieve stress on the ball joints by giving them a better angle. I only have a 4/6 and I bust the rubber boots about every other year, and I'm tired of it. I'm also thinking of trying z71 ball joints because they have more articulation

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I talked to a guy today who is a structural engineer, and builds cars as a hobby. He said the shocks, in their stock location, act as a 2 link. If we move them to point inward we remove that stability. Unless we do a true 2 or 4 link, we gain nothing. But I won't give up on this dammit

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!
I like the 'stick-to-it' attitude.
I think it'd work, but I gotta see it done.
Wish I had the time to spend figuring if it would or not.
I'ma counting on ya!

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok. Here's the deal. First of all, shocks placement doesn't really have much to do with handling. They may effect the ride, but that's because the shocks only job is to dampen the oscillation of the spring. It's the springs job to hold your truck off the ground. If you are having handling problems with a stock spring in an unloaded truck, it's not the spring or the shock. Now if it's a ride problem (I.e. Bouncing or wallowing through the corner), that could be a shock thing. But if it's a sway thing you either removed a leaf or two to obtain your drop, or you have a busted spring. If you removed leaves, then the only ways to fix that is to run a sway bar, or stiffen it up somehow, possibly with an overload bag.