Starting my body lift, anyone who's done it before I have a few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

here go you- it comes apart right here. It's a cylinder shaped piece- the parking brake cable is made of two pieces and they come apart here. They hook into that piece, you put on a vice grip or something on the cable so that it won't go flying away, tighten it and work it out of there. Takes a bit of WD40 to loosen it sometimes. (Then, with the vice-grip or whatever holding it, you can re-route it and when you are done hook it back together :D

Hope this helps- if this wasn't what you needed, let me know. I can't take a better picture right now because it's too dark. I could get one in the morning if you want.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
This may end up being the definitive body lift install thread if we get enough people butchering pics in MS paint like Charles and I! ha

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
YYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY body Lifts!

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
updating from our texting conversation:

He's having trouble getting the cable loose from its little holder thing. I told him just to keep working at it- so long as he can get one side loose he has won the war. Keep lubricating it, use vice grips as necessary and think outside the box for ways to pull the two wires towards each other to get a little slack in the line. I think when I got mine off I used vicegrips on the cable (favorite tool for stuff like this) and pulled on that instead of using my bare hands. Gave me the leverage I needed to pop it loose.

I had a little bit of trouble getting mine loose and just seeing if any of you guys did when you did yours in case you have anything else to bring to the table.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
updating from our texting conversation:

He's having trouble getting the cable loose from its little holder thing. I told him just to keep working at it- so long as he can get one side loose he has won the war. Keep lubricating it, use vice grips as necessary and think outside the box for ways to pull the two wires towards each other to get a little slack in the line. I think when I got mine off I used vicegrips on the cable (favorite tool for stuff like this) and pulled on that instead of using my bare hands. Gave me the leverage I needed to pop it loose.

I had a little bit of trouble getting mine loose and just seeing if any of you guys did when you did yours in case you have anything else to bring to the table.

Like everything on a 20 year old truck, "Just needs a little convincin' " - Words from one of the wisest men I've ever known. If a little lube and little convincin' don't get it done, it ain't getting done.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
He's asking me about welding linkage and stuff for the transmission... only applicable for manual I presume? I've never messed with manual BL's.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
He's asking me about welding linkage and stuff for the transmission... only applicable for manual I presume? I've never messed with manual BL's.

Well the only BL I did was on a '97 Ferd, no welding involved, it was an auto. But you sound correct, never heard of needing a welder for a BL install on an auto.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the linkage is for lengthening the auto linkage it clearly says it in the directions. I read them online on summits website, wasn't very confusing as he makes it sound.