Starting my body lift, anyone who's done it before I have a few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ridiqls

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks! So I checked the rear two and I found those. The reason i couldn't see them is the tow hitch spare tire thing has a bolt through the bottom hole so i have to get an angled ratchet or remove that bolt to go straight through with an extension. I can already tell those two are going to be a mother..

The first one is good. The second one .. would be this one? The location seems a little off cause this one seems to come after the frame curves down.
You must be registered for see images attach

but it looks like this one has to go anyway cause it looks pretty connected to the bed.

When Im jacking the bed up, can I put the jack on the white body or is it better to go deeper and go under one of those square blocks?

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
DO NOT jack it up by the body panel- could bend them. Get some 4x4 blocks or something and jack it up on the second option. The built-in support struts are the best thing to pick up the bed with.

ridiqls

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay cool thanks. So all clear on the mount positions now, awaiting fedex..... :)

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
What you have circled saying "jack goes here?" is a cab mount...the bed ends at the other circle. Look at my pic I posted, that support is the forward most one.

ridiqls

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gotcha.

Okay it's here so... time to get to work in this hot ass weather

Weird that they gave me 14 regular spacers and then 2 of these little skinnier ones haha not that it matters cause I dont have an extended cab so wont be using all of them anyway

ridiqls

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay its going okay no major problems. I am almost at the cab lift now. I am stuck on the parking brake cable and I have no clue what the transmission linkage or rod looks like or what I need to do for that. Am I basically disconnecting the transmission linkage or some rod and then reconnecting it back later? Do they give you an extension piece for this?

I get the parking cable thing. It's going through a little hole and might get too tight if it gets lifted. Well, I sprayed some PB blaster but that thing is not moving. I'm supposed to squeeze the two sides together (back and front) and then slip the cable out through the whole in the middle right? Or am I missing something?

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
Were you using a wrench or a socket/ratchet? All of them have holes in the frame below them so you can stick a long extension through to put just a socket on them.

Impact with a socket & extention

Okay its going okay no major problems. I am almost at the cab lift now. I am stuck on the parking brake cable and I have no clue what the transmission linkage or rod loks like or what I need to do for that. Am I basically disconnecting the transmission linkage or some rod and then reconnecting it back later? Do they give you an extension piece for this?

I get the parking cable thing. It's going through a little hole and might get too tight if it gets lifted. Well, I sprayed some PB blaster but that thing is not moving. I'm supposed to squeeze the two sides together (back and front) and then slip the cable out through the whole in the middle right? Or am I missing something?

Good luck. My parking brake would not give in so it ended up getting broke/cut.. not the right way to do it but I triex everything including some heat ill need to get under there and remove the rest of the cable:superhack:

Last edited:

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Parking brake cable was removed on my 96, you should have a steering shaft extension also

ridiqls

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im thinking about somehow cutting the hole that the parking brake goes through and just slipping it thru but all i have is a large hand saw and a reciprocating saw lol. not sure that would work.

okay there's a small black rod that's about 2.5-3" long but there are no holes no mounts, nothing. It seems to be the same diameter and look as the automatic transmission shift linking rod that I disconnected. I figured out how to disconnect it but the instructions say something about cutting and then welding?? wtf
can I do without this extension piece?? i dont have a means to weld

Also is the transmission cable that you pull through from the cab under the floor only for manual transmissions? Cause I looked and looked and there is no "Cable" i can see for some reason. Isn't the cable for a shifter or am I mistaken? I traced the actual shifter rod down from the steering column all the way to the tranny. I dont know anything about a cable though so I'm confused.

took me 45 minutes to just get the front seat up.. when you dont have good tools it takes forever.