Starting my body lift, anyone who's done it before I have a few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
Here is the picture of the steering extension piece that just will not fit all the way through.

You must be registered for see images attach

1 BFH required?. I do not remember having much trouble with mine:shrug:

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I believe you disconnect at the gas cap and add the extension up there, you can put the truck in gear and see if it rolls, if so parking brake is free

ridiqls

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tried flipping it and nope no go. I stuck my finger inside the steering column rod and I can feel a very very small little bump on each side. Maybe that's what's stopping it from going in. Would a machine shop be able to grind it down on the side by maybe a mm?

I tried hammering it but the rod kept getting pushed up. Is it going to stop eventually? i didn't want to hammer it and have it go all the way beyond retrieval or get stuck or something..

like this picture demonstrates it goes up
You must be registered for see images attach

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Maybe there is suppose to be some grooves in it that werent cut into it or somethin, i dont think it was used on my 96

ridiqls

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
try a small punch/chisel kind of deal and make sure there's no burrs/bits of metal jammed in it.

Yeah I'll try to chisel it out tomorrow. The other thing I can do is just use a smaller bolt than what was given because the hole is still there. It's just about 1/2 the size it would be if it went all the way in. Not sure if this is recommended though....

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Yeah I'll try to chisel it out tomorrow. The other thing I can do is just use a smaller bolt than what was given because the hole is still there. It's just about 1/2 the size it would be if it went all the way in. Not sure if this is recommended though....

if you can just get the tip of a screwdriver/punch into the bolt hole you might be able to pry it up carefully :shrug:

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think i would beat that on........ Could very easily damage steering column bearings, and the cam system for the turn signals.........

Sent from somewhere in MN