Starting my body lift, anyone who's done it before I have a few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ridiqls

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
X3!

And what tire you going with? Some 305/55r20s would look good on that thing!

I'll post pictures tmw hopefully everything will be done by then! Just got home and it's dark out so pictures would be bad quality anyway.

Man I would love 305/55r20s but at $350 a pop I might have to settle for 275/60r20s.. I know..
I'm on the lookout on craigslist for the 305s but kind of have to pay all cash with no warranty. With new tires I can put it on the credit card and get some protection. If it finishes up tomorrow I'm going to try and get AAA to tow my truck down to the local tire shop and maybe get new tires. At the latest this week.

Also picked up some badass bucket seats with center console. WITH slider brackets built in. Brand new condition.

You must be registered for see images attach

Man it is very easy to get carried away with mods and upgrades. I want a new paintjob. New interior! New tires! Power window conversions, power door locks, intake, exhaust, grill, headlights, led parking lights, HIDs, tint! Slowly but surely.. next up will be an entire interior gut and repaint with SEM interior vinyl and plastic paint to convert my ugly blue into satin black or charcoal. The hardest part would be the headliners and carpet if I do them myself.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Looking forward to pics!

And yes... mods are SOOOO addictive. At least they aren't bad on your health like smoking, drugs...etc.

ridiqls

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
FINISHED! Took all day.. the fuel filler was a little *******. But double checked everything, shifted through all the gears, turned the steering wheel all the way left/right, and so far so good. The car isn't 100% drive-able cause I removed the front seat so I can install the buckets and the tires are shot.

Here are very bad night pics. Tire pressure is nonexistent on the rear driver's side and all of them are kind of sagging a bit. It looks lifted in person, not so much in the picture for some reason.

I'll start a member's ride thread for more pictures during the day and after I get some tires.

Just want to say MAJOR thanks to everyone who helped and people who offered their numbers for texting and everything. Couldn't have done it without some online support. If anyone else is looking to do a body lift, you can PM me with questions and I'll pass it forward.

Last edited:

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
No problem man- I enjoy helping guys out with stuff like this. :waytogo:

Looks GOOD! Is that a 2x4? Hardly ANY frame hang it looks like! (if any at all, hard to tell)

ridiqls

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haha yep 2wd.. the frame is probably cause it's dark. might be more noticeable during the day.