Starting my body lift, anyone who's done it before I have a few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ridiqls

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol if only...

and on a 2wd haha

So I'm pretty much burnt out for today I dont know what i'm going to do about the rear bolts. The only thing I can think of is to remove the tow hitch and the spare tire. that tow hitch bolt is frozen too though lol and that spare tire... no idea. lkjlkfklewal

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
There is a 7" suspension lift foe 2wd, as far as the spare tire there should be a pipe going toward the back bumper, there should be a hole in the bumper by the license plate to stick the tire tool thru to crank it down

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
There is a 7" suspension lift foe 2wd, as far as the spare tire there should be a pipe going toward the back bumper, there should be a hole in the bumper by the license plate to stick the tire tool thru to crank it down

since when did those things start working like they are supposed too???

I had my spare torched out two years ago, haha

ridiqls

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

A pipe? I saw a little black handle but wasn't sure what it was. So I remove that and then stick it through the back bumper?

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Yup. Then you turn the handle and it's supposed to loosen a cable, thus lowering the spare tire. 99 out of 100 are rusted and don't work up here though.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
You got your spare tire and above it is a pipe sticking toward the back bumper, you take your tire tool out of the cab if you have one and stick that thru the hole into the end of the pipe to crank it down

JAngeli

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good write up. If you have issues trying to reconnect the parking brake connection where the two cables meet due to more distance between the two, I can send a pic of what I did with mine. And it's adjustable too. Works great.

ridiqls

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good write up. If you have issues trying to reconnect the parking brake connection where the two cables meet due to more distance between the two, I can send a pic of what I did with mine. And it's adjustable too. Works great.
Oh I'd be interested to know. I actually didn't even disconnect mine cause after hours of messing with it, it wouldn't even budge. Couldn't get it to disconnect. I just started to lift it and watched it carefully. The cab is lifted and so far it LOOKS okay. It's a little taut but i'm not sure if the parking break is activated or not. If it IS activated I'm going to have to get an angle grinder or something and just cut the housing it's in and slip it out cause that cable is impossible lol.

You got your spare tire and above it is a pipe sticking toward the back bumper, you take your tire tool out of the cab if you have one and stick that thru the hole into the end of the pipe to crank it down

Ah okay. The car didn't come with tire tools in the cab, there's the little case for it but no tools. :( AGH