Starting Issue -- truck sits A LOT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laidout98

Reaction score
Did you empty the tank prior?

Does anyone know if there is a "guard" in the neck filler of the fuel tank that prevents a person from siphoning fuel out of the tank?

Breakdown

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didnt empty it prior, I dumped two bottles in, and ran the dog snot out of it to empty the tank. When I put the truck into storage now for deployment, I dump a couple bottles of Stabil in it, and fill the tank to the brim. When I get back from deployment (like I did last year) I dumped two bottles of Seafoam (yeah probably overkill) then immediately ran the tank almost dry. Its the same thing I do to the oil, minus the heet. Prior to my last deployment, I did a complete oil change, then when I pulled it into the storage lot, I pulled the fuel pump relay, and the feeds going to the coil, and used Deep Creep engine fogger and had my bud spin the engine over a couple times while I sprayed the snot out of the intake to fog the cylinder walls. When I got back, I hooked everything back up, and it smoked like a pig for bout five minutes as it burnt the fogging oil off the cylinder walls. Oh- if you put the truck into storage, and there is air space in the tank, that is a place where condensation can build up. Fill it up fully before you turn it off for storage..

laidout98

Reaction score
@Breakdown - Thanks for the info man. Seeing as mine has had less than half of a tank of fuel in it, am I running a risk of condensation or damage to the fuel tank? I would rather do preliminary maintenance rather than potentially damaging the motor in the long run. Thoughts anyone?

Breakdown

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No risk to damage to the tank. They used poly tanks in our trucks unlike older model steel tanks. Half tank sitting for a while yeah your running some condensation risks. If you keep the truck in your garage where it's in a semi stable environment you don't have to worry as much.