Starter delay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Drove the truck for about 150 miles and then the truck gave me a log pause when turning the key before starting the motor.

Then drove it 150 miles back
Got gas and it would click no start...
I checked EVERYTHING . Put it in n rolled it around a bit put it in park no start. N no start. Pushed around in gear no good. 30min later started like she never had an issue

It’s a 98 Silverado 5.0
Mini starter from summit about two years ago.
Maybe wiring to the starter?

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In my opinion the first suspect would be the starter connection. I would unbolt the starter wire and wire brush everything. Next suspect would be a chassis ground in the same area. Another possible suspect would be the starter itself but I'm betting on the connection.

Considering that the starter was replaced in the past it could be no more than a loose or oxidized connection. If you solve the issue please report back to the thread how it was fixed.

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ll go for tht
Thanks brother
Had something similar on my burban but it was more frequent...
This has only happened twice on my silveraydo and both were over one hour drives...
I’ll keep this updated