Stalling 1990 sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ceseus

Reaction score
Diagnose before replacing parts. Costs less in the long run (Usually).

At least inspect the old parts before throwing them in the dumpster.
Yeah, that's what I am trying to do. I am a good parts changer, can and have replaced even trannies and engines, but this diagnostic of electronic components is way above and beyond me...

Ceseus

Reaction score
I hope that fixes the issue! I just threw out some parts that I have seen relate to the symptoms you described. I just don't want you to spend your money throwing parts at it if other things were obviously issues. :wink:
Well, replaced sensors as suggested. Didnt make any difference:(

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, replaced sensors as suggested. Didnt make any difference:(
I hate that that happens. I will let some others throw out some ideas. I want you to be able to troubleshoot without spending money, just don't have any good suggestions you will be comfortable doing if you don't like to do the in-depth stuff.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Codes" are better than nothing.

A REAL scan tool is needed to see the data stream...and all the secrets except fuel pressure, cranking compression, and valve lift are in the data stream.

Well, OK, the fuel pressure is sort-of in the data stream--you'd be looking for abnormal short- and long-term fuel trims.

Ceseus

Reaction score
I hate that that happens. I will let some others throw out some ideas. I want you to be able to troubleshoot without spending money, just don't have any good suggestions you will be comfortable doing if you don't like to do the in-depth stuff.
Put a new O2 sensor. No changes. Will try to read codes tomorrow..