Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
PS, even if you did know him, I dont mind. Guy sounds like someone Im happy to support.

i "met" him after i sent you that link.....the Airpot 35 parts he has is great....IF you can get the bulb holders. which ARE unobtainium., tis why he's selling the clear glass driving lenses for so cheap...or the fogs for that matter....ya can't build a set of lamps.

that guy from Aardvark International, out of CA has the 35 and 135's....EACH 35 light is $175!.....but all his prices are fu@ckin ridiculous....i talked to him a few times and we struck up a deal, then he lied to me about what he would do, i won't talk to him again.....****** ****.

i did get bulb holders....i was told i cornered the market on what's left that can POSSIBLY be found on the internet......in America at least......and the sites in Europe that say they have them, don't..........someone out there has them, but it sure isn't being advertised or mentioned.....PERIOD.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Posting up the links to my front end lights that I tried to post earlier in the thread, hopefully the links don't magically change this time... This stuff is, in my opinion, about the nicest aftermarket composite setup you can get (Short of the unobtainable Brazilian Artebs) with plastic lenses.

Anzo 111004 headlights:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015PPZMC

DNA Motoring BLC10CH parking lights:
https://www.amazon.com/DNA-Motoring-BLC10SM-Bumper-Light/dp/B01EXXTC1W

And for the hell of it, here's the bulbs I'm running. Nothing special, but they work just fine. I switched to these instead of GE Nighthawks as they're a lot easier to find.

Sylvania XtraVision 9005 and 9006 bulbs:
https://www.amazon.com/SYLVANIA-XtraVision-Halogen-Headlight-Contains/dp/B0031HI0HY
https://www.amazon.com/SYLVANIA-XtraVision-Halogen-Headlight-Contains/dp/B0031HEIDY

if you look at he Amazon close-p of the Anzo housing, where the bulb secures....you'll see that "ring with the 3 "hold down" tabs. that is what the Spyders SHOULD have.....looking closer at the reflector, i'd hazard a guess our lights are made by the same 11 year old kids in the same place, sad but true.

i do need corner lenses, but was holding off until i made up my mind as to whether or not i was going to swap over to the earlier grill.....i really like the early GMC.
You must be registered for see images attach

i like the squared off corners and the larger "gap" between the head and park lamps

You must be registered for see images

the "return of alien" valance, LOL

or maybe this Chevrolet version. i do believe this is my favorite GMT400 grill.

this has a "hard" look to it also....and the chrome is cool on this.....

LOL. i'm pretty indecisive about the grill so i'm not doing anything just yet.......my GMC grill just doesn't look "GM truck" enough to me......sorta like it has a smilin smirk thing going on......anyway, THAT"S why i haven't bought corners yet.

my corners and tails are shot and need replacing either way....the tails are next though.

92silverado1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you look at he Amazon close-p of the Anzo housing, where the bulb secures....you'll see that "ring with the 3 "hold down" tabs. that is what the Spyders SHOULD have.....looking closer at the reflector, i'd hazard a guess our lights are made by the same 11 year old kids in the same place, sad but true.

i do need corner lenses, but was holding off until i made up my mind as to whether or not i was going to swap over to the earlier grill.....i really like the early GMC.

i like the squared off corners and the larger "gap" between the head and park lamps

the "return of alien" valance, LOL

or maybe this Chevrolet version. i do believe this is my favorite GMT400 grill.

this has a "hard" look to it also....and the chrome is cool on this.....

LOL. i'm pretty indecisive about the grill so i'm not doing anything just yet.......my GMC grill just doesn't look "GM truck" enough to me......sorta like it has a smilin smirk thing going on......anyway, THAT"S why i haven't bought corners yet.

my corners and tails are shot and need replacing either way....the tails are next though.

I vote the early chevy grill :boti:
Lol

I'd really like to know why they thought the screws would be better. I can't see it being to much harder to make the ring with the hold down tabs

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
I vote the early chevy grill :boti:
Lol

I'd really like to know why they thought the screws would be better. I can't see it being to much harder to make the ring with the hold down tabs

i don't know either....perhaps some type of "chinpatent" deal....the screws are this Spyders weak point.......and all the aftermarket brackets suck imo......i'll be swapping back to the OEM units.....more robust. but i had to try them as they came.

yea, the grills got me confused so i put that idea on the shelf for a bit.

92silverado1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
me too.
i have my eye out for one in general. an early with no chrome at all. saw one before i was working again but didn't have the money. so still looking.....

Every now and then a good one pops up around here on craigslist for a reasonable price so I'm sure you'll find one

92silverado1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i don't know either....perhaps some type of "chinpatent" deal....the screws are this Spyders weak point.......and all the aftermarket brackets suck imo......i'll be swapping back to the OEM units.....more robust. but i had to try them as they came.

yea, the grills got me confused so i put that idea on the shelf for a bit.

They'd be perfect if it wasn't for those 2 simple flaws. It seems like the brackets they make aren't very consistent because for some people they're good, some they're bad