Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
and here's the one i want out of my bike....this is also American made. perhaps his has a better parabolic reflector for a wider beam he states.......i have to research it, but i'll try my choices first. i'm sure he has his reasons as i'll find the post. at one point THIS was Harley's upgrade headlight, till it became stock on everything, even in the 5 3/4" size......Harley lighting was the most horrible in all of the world.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

this uses the H4 bulb as opposed to Mr Stern's H13.....i'm not familiar with that one, but it must be better somehow.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
ahhhhh....i re-read the mail.....now i understand. reading is fundamental...comprehension is even better, LOL!

"If spending that amount of money is not in the cards, then
there's a good option for the 7" bike: put in a very good
American-made DCX headlamp lens-reflector unit ($139), which
comes with a good quality standard H13 bulb and will give a
large improvement in terms of more light within the beam, a
wider spread, and longer down-the-road seeing distance, with
better lighting even when you're banking into turns. You'll
need an adaptor pigtail to be able to plug this lamp into
your bike's socket, that adaptor is $17. And this lamp can
be further upgraded with a premium bulb, which I don't sell
but this is the one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U1OLOP0/?tag=2402507-20

The reason why this lamp is considerably better than the one
you've got now is that the H13 system uses the entire
reflector surface area to gather, amplify, and focus light
for the low beam, while the lamp you have now (H4 system)
uses only half. You can see this for yourself if you turn on
the low beam and look at the operating headlamp; the lower
half of the reflector is dark.

The beam pattern of the DCX lamp is very well suited for
motorcycle usage; it is symmetrical and does not have a
super-sharp low beam cutoff which would tend to make your
seeing distance go to zero when you bank into a curve. Pic
attached."

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
hmmmm....an H13 to H4 swap.....familiar looking lens? gotta go research the OEM Jeep headlights

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/new-kc-hilites-jk-h4-headlight-kit-224300.html

People attempt questionable modifications in order to be 'hip', 'cool' and other such non-sense.

The new way of selling a product: Make extravagant claims, with no little to no objective data, show the 'target audience' largely made up of uneducated people with lots of disposable money how easy it is to install the product, and post some pictures showing 'some' difference with some write-up and some buzz words like ZOMG! WOW.... so much better etc, etc.

I call this the 'BOSE' marketing... Better sound through research is their motto. If bad sound were fatal, audio would be the leading cause of death.

The old way of selling a product: post objective data that can be interpreted by anyone, and let the informed consumer decide if and why the product is right for them. IE: informed consent.

The current way of selling products to people can be traced back to Edward Bernays and Sigmund Freud, public relations and propaganda. For anyone wanting more information on this, a bit of google searching will be eye-opening.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
People attempt questionable modifications in order to be 'hip', 'cool' and other such non-sense.

The new way of selling a product: Make extravagant claims, with no little to no objective data, show the 'target audience' largely made up of uneducated people with lots of disposable money how easy it is to install the product, and post some pictures showing 'some' difference with some write-up and some buzz words like ZOMG! WOW.... so much better etc, etc.

I call this the 'BOSE' marketing... Better sound through research is their motto. If bad sound were fatal, audio would be the leading cause of death.

The old way of selling a product: post objective data that can be interpreted by anyone, and let the informed consumer decide if and why the product is right for them. IE: informed consent.

The current way of selling products to people can be traced back to Edward Bernays and Sigmund Freud, public relations and propaganda. For anyone wanting more information on this, a bit of google searching will be eye-opening.

if you tell a lie long enough it becomes the truth.....