Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Yes, you can do the jumper to get the top bulbs working as brake lights. Aftermarket tail lamp boards may be different in terms of wire configuration, keep that in mind.

i would love to refinish mine.....i LIKE the stock units., but my right one has a deep gash that will never come out....bad.....maybe find some NOS units.

i want a glass red fog.....but i'm drawing blanks for that. Cibie used to make a good one, decades ago

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
With clean tail light housings and fresh bulbs ( 3357 upgrade ) you will be guaranteed to be seen when you hit the 'whoa' pedal.

503 lumens @ 12.8V vs 402 lumens on the major filament.

92silverado1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
then i stood in front of the left headlight......WHOA!

right beam
You must be registered for see images attach

left beam
You must be registered for see images attach

Not sure if you solved this, I'm still trying to catch up lol if the bulb is off just a touch from center in the housing it does this. Atleast that's what happened with mine. Once I centered the bulb it fixed the light distribution

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
With clean tail light housings and fresh bulbs ( 3357 upgrade ) you will be guaranteed to be seen when you hit the 'whoa' pedal.

503 lumens @ 12.8V vs 402 lumens on the major filament.

that's a nice difference....and 4 instead of 2 should be more than adequate.....i want an upgrade for the cargo/brake light too.

and my damned rear FOG!!!!!! LOL

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
has anyone seen this?

holy [email protected] is the SPACE INVADER of halogen lighting.

http://www.fyrlyt.com/

9000 lumen @ 250 watts is 36 lumens / watt.

In comparison, Vosla +30 HIR 9011 is ~2500 lumens at 13.2v, 65 watts, 38.46 lumens /watt.

Without other specifics, it is 'technically' possible, however I would want to see what thermal management they have for the 250 watt unit. That's a lot of dissipation over a small surface area. Goretex breather is a good idea.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
I like the graphs on CRI posted on the fyrlyt website.

Yes, halogen has much better color rendering. LED is deficient in this regards, especially towards RED, as white LED's emit almost NIL in the red band.

http://www.fyrlyt.com/fyrlytcri