Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That last pic is awesome. Perfect mixture of chrome and matte black!

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Might look good, I'd have to see a picture of the Warn setup you've described actually installed before I could make a real judgement call. Personally I really like the factory chrome molding you've got now though. That's what's on both of my trucks as well. I like the fact that it ties into the chrome strip on top of the body molding, looks like it's supposed to be there.

Maybe remove the black/chrome body molding strip if you went with the black flares? Might match the smoothie bumper better. Just throwing out ideas, I like it the way it looks now for sure!

yea.....i'm not too fond of the rubber side bumpers either......just thoughts for the back-burner.....there's ALWAYS a few back burners lit

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
yea, salt.....come the spring my PRIORITY is cleaning the rust off the frame and coating it.....i won't loose this truck to rot like my '90.

my brother gave me that '90 as a gift when i re-did his bathroom in 2009 or so....was going to do a frame off rest because i reember when he brought that truck home brand new.......then i got hit in '13.....she it rotted out while i was getting surgeries for the 3 years following....seat went through the floor......sad day when she was towed away..........i wanted a bunch of parts off her, but had nowhere to pull em or store them.....engine, trans, transfer case and axles were tip top.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
oh....that's not what i was picturing.....that's sharp...and protected......and bright!

They are tucked in tight against the hitch, and the factory U bracket catches the bottom lip of the bumper. You would literally have to smash something with the trailer hitch in order to damage them.

Installed 2 conductor weatherpack connectors for ease of service.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
They are tucked in tight against the hitch, and the factory U bracket catches the bottom lip of the bumper. You would literally have to smash something with the trailer hitch in order to damage them.

Installed 2 conductor weatherpack connectors for ease of service.

that's a thinkin man......i like the waterproof Delphi connectors.