Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92silverado1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
they setup works great.....when an ******* is too close i just tap my brake and i see them back off.....damned monkeies

I'm starting to think they give out licenses like candy around here because there's so many bad drivers that I don't know how they get a license

92silverado1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another thing about auxiliary reverse lights, the way I have my light now is just a fused wire from the reverse light. I plan on wiring it to a secondary toggle switch by using a diode from each power lead (the reverse lights and toggle switch) to the inline fuse to the light. I'm not an electrical expert so if anyone thinks of something that I'm over/underthinking let me know, thanks

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
I know my reversing lights are 'illegal', like any other lamp, they have defined regulations. That said, I understand the implications for their use.

Here's the intensity regulations: as such that they need only serve as visual warning that the vehicle is reversing. Minimum axial intensity is 80cd, maximum intensity 300cd at any point on or above horizontal, max intensity 600cd at any point between horizontal and 5° down, max intensity 8,000cd at any point below 5° down. Beyond that, there are specific test points a reverse lamp must meet:

Points at H and 5° down
V: 80cd min
10° right and left: 50cd min
30° right and left: 25cd min
45° right and left: 15cd min

Points at 5° up
V: 25cd min
10° right and left: 20cd min
45° right and left: 15cd min

Points at 10° up
V: 15cd min
10° right and left: 10cd min

Reversing lamps are definitely regulated as on-road lighting devices.

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Western WA from Eastern WA, aka the wet side from
i would love to refinish mine.....i LIKE the stock units., but my right one has a deep gash that will never come out....bad.....maybe find some NOS units.

i want a glass red fog.....but i'm drawing blanks for that. Cibie used to make a good one, decades ago

There's a factory GM rear fog light used on 01-06 Export SUVs, it's P/N: 5977830 If you do a google image search you can see a couple breakdowns of it. The bulb in it is ACDelco #P21W Only thing I can't tell is if the lens is glass or plastic.

EDIT: here's one on a Tahoe. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/89/Chevrolet_Tahoe_rear.jpg?1486652668984

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
I'm starting to think they give out licenses like candy around here because there's so many bad drivers that I don't know how they get a license

they give the driver's license test in 11 ****** languages in NY state........ELEVEN! why should anyone be allowed to drive if they don't speak English?

i'm not going to go on a political diatribe, i like my blood low.....press 1 for English? FU@K THAT!

You must be registered for see images attach

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
There's a factory GM rear fog light used on 01-06 Export SUVs, it's P/N: 5977830 If you do a google image search you can see a couple breakdowns of it. The bulb in it is ACDelco #P21W Only thing I can't tell is if the lens is glass or plastic.

EDIT: here's one on a Tahoe. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/89/Chevrolet_Tahoe_rear.jpg?1486652668984

yea....some export countries got some cool stuff we didn't get......like the Brazilian head and tail lights we discussed a ways back.

https://www.jocar.com.br/Produto.aspx?CG=1&CSG=17&CDF=4&CP=23208

You must be registered for see images

http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/...vrolet-silverado-grand-blazer-97-02-arteb-_JM

if a way presents itself to get these lights, especially the e-code headlights, i'll pay my ticket for that ride. that there is the best OEM setup in my opinion.....and i do like OEM.

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea....some export countries got some cool stuff we didn't get......like the Brazilian head and tail lights we discussed a ways back.

https://www.jocar.com.br/Produto.aspx?CG=1&CSG=17&CDF=4&CP=23208

You must be registered for see images

http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/...vrolet-silverado-grand-blazer-97-02-arteb-_JM

if a way presents itself to get these lights, especially the e-code headlights, i'll pay my ticket for that ride. that there is the best OEM setup in my opinion.....and i do like OEM.

As a fellow fan of OEM parts that is why I mentioned the rear fog to you. ;) I'm glad someone likes those taillights. Not my cup of tea. I think amber belongs on forward facing lights only, I find that blob of it on those tails (and the GMT-800 tails) to be revolting.

There are all sorts of neat lights and neat features not offered in the US...leveling headlights, high pressure headlight washers, rear fog lights, etc.

P.S. I'm also disgusted with the over-catering to non-English speaking peoples. :patriot:

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
they give the driver's license test in 11 ****** languages in NY state........ELEVEN! why should anyone be allowed to drive if they don't speak English?

i'm not going to go on a political diatribe, i like my blood low.....press 1 for English? FU@K THAT!

That is a beautiful patch/decal. My traffic rants often break down to that point.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
That is a beautiful patch/decal. My traffic rants often break down to that point.

those were made by a guy on my shovelhead forum....i have one on every bike.......

on my new FLD my friend custom made me a derby and "points" cover.

i have similar pieces on my softail and shovel too....