Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brother Al

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I also noticed Spyder now appears to offer a glass lens variant... I might buy a set and see if I can modify the vent with a piece of tube to reduce the moisture risk. If they actually have the glass lens now, I wonder if its a whole new glass casting, or the same lens used on the other chinese headlight, or simply just the whole other chinese assembly rebadged as Spyder?

Last edited:

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
I also noticed Spyder now appears to offer a glass lens variant... I might buy a set and see if I can modify the vent with a piece of tube to reduce the moisture risk. If they actually have the glass lens now, I wonder if its a whole new glass casting, or the same lens used on the other chinese headlight, or simply just the whole other chinese assembly rebadged as Spyder?

i've not had any moisture/condensation issues with mine......but i also left the "sticker screen" intact

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
I wanna go work with deej.
i'm 20mins from work so i know that will be better for you.
how much does the counsil gig pay compared to the reality of the job you moved for?
i just received a TCM because my 4th just recently started acting up. constant full line pressure tends to do that. it's a TCI product and i'll be using their floor shifter also. swapping the trans might take a while. between the rain and cold weather it's been hard getting started.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
well......the bottom line is HOURLY i'll be making less money....but there's overtime available. at the stealership there was NO overtime and their timeclock actually TOOK time from us.....the clock worked from 9-6 with an hour taken out from lunch......if someone punched in at 9:01 they took a 1/10th of an hour, actually charge someone for being late......and it got worse from there. my commision for the month was 1/3 of what he told me it would be.....lied to get me up there for fact.

i quit 2x already to get some of the things i was told, like 2 dys off in a row.....now i'm on salary for 40 hours......with he bullshit commission.......and i haven't gotten any in 4 months because of his "creative accounting" and minimum i wasn't told about. i have TONS of money tied up in work orders that are still open, can't get paid till they're closed.....and some won't close till folks pick up their bikes in April.....**** it.

when i figure i won't be spending (with the Ford) $110.00 a week in gas and tolls it evens out. that 13 hours a week i travel can be put toward overtime......so i'll really be making what the owner **** told me i'd make at Harley.........**** THEM ****** *****.

4 dealerships in 6 years.......same ****** problems.......the only thing is the one i left the city for actually paid us VERY well to deal with the stupid ship.....aggravation compensation.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
i think someone needs to be payed an after hours visit. maybe take him out for a drink -wink-wink-(i know YOU don't drink).

ya know brother, that's what i would have done 11 years ago.....and ****** smiled over it. except i would have done it right in the middle of the showroom....in front of everyone.....yea, i was as dumb s they come.

being humble sucks bad.....depression is a big part of it.....knowing WHAT to do and knowing WHY not to do it is very different.

it'll be over next week....i got the new job and i AM gonna give them the courtesy of 2 weeks notice,,,,,mt integrity is unflappable.....no matter what i think........or wanna think