Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
the little 4 1/2" PAR 36 lens with the Candlepower 55W selective yellow bulb.
You must be registered for see images attach

was a bit "dimmer" than with the Osram 55W bulb.....but a mellow temperature i liked.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
the Oscar SC drive beam

the Oscar SC cornering beam.......yes, it's an angel

i've never seen anything like this......if it wasn't raining i'd be outside in the street.....and this was only at 12.8 volts

That drive beam is INTENSE.... and the cornering beam, wow, the WIDTH of it! Of course, the uptick on the cornering beam and the light above center would be terrible on oncoming traffic. Both are pretty groovy tools.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
the Cibie BOBi wasn't even close to being in the same league as the Z-beam......i used these:

and the pictures don't show much of anything.

BOBi low

high

Z low

high

Bosch motorcycle e-code low

high

one day after work i will setup a bench and do a much better "show" on the wall and down the driveway after work. i did this for myself and the Z just was very impressive.....the Bosch wasn't bad from what saw.....but i need to see them on the pavement and with 14V to the bulb.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
That drive beam is INTENSE.... and the cornering beam, wow, the WIDTH of it! Of course, the uptick on the cornering beam and the light above center would be terrible on oncoming traffic. Both are pretty groovy tools.

yea....with full voltage an oncoming driver would be blind.....not dazzled. i've never seen a beam this powerful.....and it's only a 6" lens.
i've read the cornering pattern is over 200' wide on the road.....absolutely the best side to side lamp ever designed.

these will be switched and triggered off the high beam circuit.....i'm DYING to see these on the road......the Oscar lamps will be coming in from England pretty soon i think......i'm very excited about these lamps....and i'm very lucky to have become friends with Jackson......he has a large stock of these too.....NOS in the box.....both kinds.

Last edited: