Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

n8pu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
all the pics in the bike thread are there, they weren't from the same folder in fukbucket.

I'm guessing you are a paid subscriber, the very few I have loaded there, every time I log in it will give me some sort of a sales pitch of, for XX$$ a month you can store this much more in pictures. I think to myself, in your wildest dreams.......

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
I'm guessing you are a paid subscriber, the very few I have loaded there, every time I log in it will give me some sort of a sales pitch of, for XX$$ a month you can store this much more in pictures. I think to myself, in your wildest dreams.......

no, i was but i saw no difference in performance and the adds don't bother me....we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
every time they do an update things get fukked......that's why i stopped paying for an account, there was no difference in performance. and i paid for years......

read other folks' concerns:

http://blog.photobucket.com/status/
That's why I switched to Imgur. Never had a problem since. I got tired of having to deal with Photobucket's slow and unreliable servers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
X2 for Imgur, awesome host.

I know it's a pain to migrate everything somewhere else, but if you ever get 100% fed up with PB, definitely check out Imgur.

n8pu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's why I switched to Imgur. Never had a problem since. I got tired of having to deal with Photobucket's slow and unreliable servers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for reminding an OLD man, I forgot I had a free account there. Thankfully my web browser remembered my User and PW. The images that I can't remember when I uploaded them, are still there. shovebill, I add my second to what df2X4 and Curt said.

n8pu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't looked to see if it is possible to do a direct site to site transfer, hopefully someone that uses it more will have a better answer for you shovebill. :think:

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
I can't remember if this question has been addressed yet in this thread or not so here goes.

If memory serves and it may not, I thought someone said the Anzo lights came with the glare cap, IF that be the case, has anyone that already has the Spyder lights, that doesn't have the glare cap, removed the glass lens from the Spyder lights and put them on the Anzo lights? Then you would have the 'best' of both lights. That is assuming the Anzo has the glare cap.
no one answered this question. i'd like to know.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
i see no reason to even want to do that.....i would think the reflector in a lens designed FOR a glare cap would be some different, it has to change the output somehow. when i found this forum and started researching lights people were talking about the "elegante" lights with the glare cap as being the best......i've never even seen one so i can't say as to why......but i do remember some folks liking them because you could stuff a HID kit in them and supposedly not "blind oncoming traffic......i don't know.

my Bosch 7" motorcycle lens is the same e-code lens for cars but has no glare cap and gives more light.....that's why it's for motorcycles, only one lamp.......i believe a cap would change the dynamics of the Spyders and think if a cap was helpful they would have designed it that way.........plus they usually mount with some type of incorporated bracket and get screwed onto the reflector....i've seen different pictures with variations of the attachment points......i wouldn't waste my time trying to make a better mousetrap......that effort will be put into securing a set of Arteb lights from Brazil.....

from what i've researched and seen for myself, the Spyder lenses are the best bang for the buck for our little **** headlights..so far.

but what do i know.....that's just my $.03