Sponsor adds in participated?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I'll give it a try.

I'm on a ferry about 25 miles out with another 80 to go so i may being going dark in a couple mins anyways...

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Ok, found out where to clear the cache on an iphone.

Dumped it out.

Add is gone for now.

Here's hoping we have a winner!

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I'll have to look for clear cache

On my iphone 4s, ios 5.1:

Go to the main tapatalk page where all your forums are listed.

Hit "settings" at the bottom of the page

Scoll to the bottom and hit "reset"

That will open another page that will have the "clear cache" option.

Use at your own risk, worked for me.

Sure glad they made it easy to find huh?

:lol:

Also, so far so good; still no adds....

Last edited:

jmc1997ck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And in other creepy news... Before I log in on a PC, the ads that show up are for sites or products I've browsed recently. Big brother, and his whole high school football team is watching. Well played, Internet Explorer.

Old Goat Ninja

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right behind you with Duct tape stretched out
Yeah, a lot of sites have advertisement banners based on things you recently searched for. I run CCleaner often on my computer (PC) to help erase all those cookies and tracking. If you've never heard of CCleaner, you can Google it and find free downloads for it. Speeds up computer too since all the leftover stuff is actually erased and stops bogging computer. You'll be surprised how much it deletes if you've never done it before. Compare the first run and then a run a week later or so and you'll see just how much was deleted that first time.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And in other creepy news... Before I log in on a PC, the ads that show up are for sites or products I've browsed recently. Big brother, and his whole high school football team is watching. Well played, Internet Explorer.

this has nothing to do with IE, this is just how google ads work, it looks at keywords in your search/cookie history and decides what ads to show (for example it may find alot of searches containing the word 'truck' which is why you might see truck ads from various manufacturers, or if might see 'chevy' and some searches containing your zip code, like directions or something, so you might see ads for your local chevy dealers, etc). its not like a key logger thats trying to get your passwords or anything sinister like that, its just trying to show you relavant stuff to you rather than just random things.

however running CCleaner is a good idea, it just cleans the stored up crap out (it was actually originally called 'crap cleaner' before it was purchased by piriform and got a slight namechange). its got a good registry cleaner too, and you can use it to easily disable/enable startup programs as well. not bad for free.