TSB Revice VCM Wiring and add ground jumper on a 1995?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Noobie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello. I have a situation where a truck that is new to us goes in reverse and if you idle backwards it goes fine. If you have a little resistance in reverse (snow or going up a slight grade) it won't go and you have to give a little higher rpms where it feels then like it slips slightly and then you start moving. It never feels like it is disengaging and reengaging and no clunks or odd gear or shift sensation, just like nothing there and then you start to get some movement.

Wondering about stuck valve in transmission, but also came across this TSB that seems to speak to some early 1996 Chevy trucks. It found that a poor internal ground between two circuit boards in the VCM gave eratic line pressure at the PC solenoid valve. I can follow the procedures to add a jumper which gives an alternate/improved ground between the circuit boards.

Wondering if anyone can confirm that our 1995 is different or immune to this issue and would not require the jumper fix.

I can't seem to find the GM official $45 'jumper' wire (P/N 12167310)

Appreciate it!

95Noobie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the main 'sticky' thread on the 4l60e transmission lists no reverse as usually a bad plunger or seal. If that seems the most common explanation for my symptoms, is there an additive you recommend to help restore the seal (slightly even?) I have had the pan off twice, replaced fluid, replaced 1,2 solenoid and updated to an accumulator with no plunger and put stock GM springs (big and small) in to replace the 3 springs I found in the old piston accumulator.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My driveway backs onto the street with high crown , and it takes a little more throttle and yes sometimes I can notice the lag in response. No one else does , but I do. No problem in forward motion. I call it just a using reverse thing.
Have actually done any diagnostic on your transmission? Pressure, trouble codes? Transmission section in service manual?
Did the service bulletin specifically cover your year, type vehicle?