Sponsor adds in participated?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I get the need for advertising and sponsors to keep a forum running, but is it really necessary to force the ford postings into my "participated" threads on tappatalk when i haven't posted in them.

I mean, sure, have them show up in "unread" but its filling up the first page on my iphone in "participated" and i have to scroll down to see the posts i actually have participated in. I cant clear them out no matter what i try.

Just not cool....

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look up AdAway. It's working great for me. The only place it hasn't worked is with Cmobile. :nono: ironically that an you tube were the ones I mainly wanted ad free. I see no more you tube ads though so.... :D

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Doing the same thing for me now. I had to back out and see if I was still on my GM FORUM and why the heck I was looking at a Ford ad!

Sent from my 6.0 G8 Chase car in an "undisclosed location in SW Asia."

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no one associated with the forum is choosing what ads you are served. the ad service chooses those and puts them up. it probably pulls from the content that its an automotive forum and keeps the ads in that catagory, kinda the same way google's ads serve up content based on your browser history. there really is no way for anyone here to change what ads it shows you.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Actually, its new and i don't want to see them at all. It's not the content that bothers me, it's the unsoliced use of the 3" of screen i have ro work with.

Is it the forum or is it tappatalk?

The forum gaining running revenue is somewhat understandable, even though it still ruffles my feathers a bit.

Tappa talk is a paid for application. There's no excuse if they are forcing it down your throat. Whether you paid .99 or $99 it doesnt matter. If they want to cram adds down you throat you dont pay for that "priveledge".

A banner or sidebar on a web page is is one thing, forcing it into your post viewing on a mobile app is quite another...

Last edited:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And weirdly enough they just popped back up on mine as well. Guess the ad blocker needs an update :shrug: :banghead:

An I somewhat agree, I paid for tap a talk an the forum so it is annoying still seeing the ads...

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, its new and i don't want to see them at all. It's not the content that bothers me, it's the unsoliced use of the 3" of screen i have ro work with.

Is it the forum or is it tappatalk?

The forum gaining running revenue is somewhat understandable, even though it still ruffles my feathers a bit.

Tappa talk is a paid for application. There's no excuse if they are forcing it down your throat. Whether you paid .99 or $99 it doesnt matter. If they want to cram adds down you throat you dont pay for that "priveledge".

A banner or sidebar on a web page is is one thing, forcing it into your post viewing on a mobile app is quite another...

ah yeah, the tapatalk admin for the forum has the option to show the ads or not, and there is a little revenue from it for the forum.