Spare tire mounts? Custom, retro'd, bolt on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Found another pic of someone who fabbed one up. Kinda crappy picture, and mine would be painted/powder coated for sure.

You must be registered for see images attach

Or something like I have seen on alot of the newer Jeeps.

I really want one like this, that I could flip in or out.

891Ton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I had a bed this is what I made to tote my ginormous spare around.

I had to reinforce the floor to mount this bad boy because the tire is so heavy. So I welded some 1/8x2" bands in bewtween the bed lines which leveled it off perfect and made it real solid. And I bolted it through the crossmember below the bed to give it even more structural support. Cant bolt right to the bed it will rip the sheetmetal to pieces. If you want it Ill ship it to ya. Its just sitting in my garage collecting dust.

Last edited:

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Throw in them tube doors and we got a deal :) haha well I'm not home right now, currently deployed. But if you still got it in a few months I might take it off your hands! I had a few different plans for my truck an that would require me to change em but we will see!

891Ton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It aint goin' anywhere. Im a military guy myself (former USMC). So if you end up wanting it, its yours. Ill replace the studs to whatever lug pattern you want for a welcome home from deployment gift haha. I know how nice it is coming home after a while.

891Ton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh it will be glorious haha and I am swapping to an 8 lug SFA and 14ff so it's already 8lug, isn't it?

yes in that case it will be a perfect fit. It can hold up to a 40" tire. And if you mount it up close to the cab like I did you still have plenty of bed space as you can see in the pic. Thats a 39.5 on there.

The doors are pretty kick ass. Idk if I can part with them. Everyone comments on them lol. But I will be exo caging it in the summer and may not need them depending on my design. So if I incorporate some cage material to the door area I wont need them. I havent settled on my design yet though. If I dont need them I will most likely sell them.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
After my SAS I will most likely be running 39.5 Pitbulls (coming from the same guy with the axles and transfer in the club up here in AK). So thats perfect.

But as for the doors, whats the chances of making another set?! :shrug: haha or I got dibs on them! :gr_grin:

891Ton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After my SAS I will most likely be running 39.5 Pitbulls (coming from the same guy with the axles and transfer in the club up here in AK). So thats perfect.

But as for the doors, whats the chances of making another set?! :shrug: haha or I got dibs on them! :gr_grin:

Yeah I can make another set. It will have to hold off till I get a few of my big jobs done on my rig though. Im trying to get major things done on it before spring.