Spare tire mounts? Custom, retro'd, bolt on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I just got my new set of Centerlines with a spare, so Im looking for some new ideas on mounting the spare. Anybody have pics of their setups, or good setups that can be ran? I do have a stepside so Im trying to conserve what bedspace I do have left. I have looked for some "Tiregates" but I dont think they make them for stepsides. What about your setups? Ideas? Thanks!

You must be registered for see images attach

Also, Im about to lose the front brushguard. And probably go with more of a prerunner front. I have all the parts for an 03 conversion. Possibly looking into that.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I would also like to know about this. I want to get rid of the crappy spare tire mount under the bed.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
My 33 fit in the spare tire spot but I redid my exhaust and it runs alot hotter out the tails so I moved the tire into the bed where it wont melt, It slides under my toolbox kinda (toolbox is sagging and falling apart)
I would not trust my spare for anything more than getting home though

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 33 fit in the spare tire spot but I redid my exhaust and it runs alot hotter out the tails so I moved the tire into the bed where it wont melt, It slides under my toolbox kinda (toolbox is sagging and falling apart)
I would not trust my spare for anything more than getting home though

Oh really, you got a 33" tire to tuck up in the stock location? I was under the assumption it wouldnt fit. That is what has kept me from buyin a 5th tire incase of a flat. I still have the stock size spare which I cant even use now. My exhaust is dumped with turndowns so if my Kelly Safari's will tuck up in there I need to get another one soon for a spare.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
How to keep a fullsize spare handy in a few easy steps.
1) Join a fraternity
2) Keep fullsize spare at your house
3) Call a pledge if you get a flat and make them go pick it up
4) When they arrive make them change your tire for you
5) Get drunk and be happy you had to do nothing about your spare but send a few texts

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im not a fan of keeping a large tire under my truck......
This is what i used and it was coool but a PITA if i needed to load anything.

im going to use this one next ( if i dont lower my truck ) It easily locks and removes without anything taking up space when you haul.
Downside is if you haul then you will lose your tire, thats why i dont haul anything lol..

92gmc4x4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
33 fit under my truck fine. Took It out and tossed it in the box, don't trust that little cable lol