Spare Tire Ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wondering what to do with my spare tire considering it looks like **** hanging low with a 3" body lift. It would be nice if you could tuck it up further but the frame crossmembers are in the way.. Anyone have any ideas besides just completely removing it?

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Live with it or stick it in the bed. It sucks but we dont have a ton of options with this one :(

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man I removed mine and to be honest that cleaned up the rear end alot. Especially being lifted. If it doesn't match the tires you have on it now or plan to go with bigger tires in the future, then just remove it. Otherwise, check out Solid94 (Adam's) spare tire holder he made. Not my thing, but looks badass for what it is.

Only other option I've seen is the guys who run an actual roof rack and put the tire up in the middle of that but that ain't my thing either. Let us know what you do, but I'd just pull it out! If you do, be sure to tighten up the spare holder on the wire all the way up or else it will swing around down there and make all kind of racket.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's kinda what I figured. I do use my bed so I don't really wanna mount it there so I'll proly just live with it till I get my roll pan and hidden hitch