southern_z71_92's 1983 GMC Jimmy build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the oil changed today w/10w30 havoline and a stp filter. Also changed the fuel filter with a Fram. Drove her home and had some issues. Got close to the house and it felt like the throttle was help open just enough to make it drive itself and 25mph through my neighborhood. Got to the house put it in reverse with the brake held and it pad trying to pull pretty hard with the brake on like I was giving it gas. When I put it in park it revved up and stayed like that. Wouldn't idle down or anything so it shut her off. Popped the hood and there was smoke coming from my passenger side exhaust manifold and then I pulled the air cleaner off and opened the carb up just a bit and smoke came up out of it when the butterfly opened. I'm not really sure what's going on. If anybody had any insight that would be great.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I took a look at it when I got the chance and it looks like there was something unplugged so I plugged it back up and drove it and no issues. Seems like there is nothing wrong with it.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got my wiper arms painted and on the truck with new blades. Also decided to paint my gas cap the same color. And added a little ameture custom touch under the hood with the same color as well.
You must be registered for see images

And my "custom" (ghetto) stencil job

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm diggin that green and tan look. You gonna run a bigger tire eventually?
Thanks me too. That's my theme lol. Yeah, eventually is the key word though. I've been tempted to pull the 33s off my tahoe and throw on it but that would leave my tahoe with no legs lol.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I got wheels and tires for my tahoe so the nittos will be going on this thing soon enough. I'm going to paint my extra set of rally wheels tan to match my wiper arms lol and that's my scheme anyway. Thinks should be changing soon.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I decided not to paint the rally wheels. Got cold quicker than I expected and I really haven't had the time to paint them. So I just went with my 15x10 wheels that I had on my z71. And I got them on last night. Pics.

It needs a little but of lift. The front tires rub when turning in reverse. Had to pull her in last night when I got home. So 4 inch rough country lift some time after the first of the year.